PLEASE WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION ON YOUR ENTRIES BEFORE COMPLETING VETERINARY WORK. ENTRIES MAY BE SCALED BACK OR A CLASS CANCELLED. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED NO LATER THAN MARCH 23, 2020 ON ACCEPTANCE OF NUMBER OF YOUR ENTRIES.
2021 – BLACK HILLS BUFFALO CLASSIC, GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Must be a current member to consign
- Entry forms and payment must be received by March 1, 2020
- There will be a limit of 4 entries per consignor for bulls and 4 entries per consignor for heifers
- Payment, in full, must accompany the entry form or entry will be nullified
- No phone or email entries accepted
- Entry limits will be designated by the Host Ranches (see below for individual performance class terms & conditions)
- In case of too many entries in a class, each consignor will be asked to drop one animal until there is room for all interested consignors to have at least one animal entered per class
- Refunds on entry fees will be given to those consignors that are asked to scale back their entries based on class size
- If the registration for either class does not fill up by the registration deadline, then consigners will have the option to submit 2 additional entries.
- All entry fees include pen and feed (see below for individual performance class terms & conditions)
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-negotiable
- Entry fees will not be refunded for non-delivery of animals
- Commission fees: 9% when entries are sold at the following year’s auction
- The Dakota Territory Buffalo Association acts only as an agent and will assume NO responsibility in the event of injury or death to any animal
- The Dakota Territory Buffalo Association acts only as an agent and will assume NO responsibility for any discrepancy between the buyer and the consignor
- The consignor assumes all responsibilities regarding the health requirements and terms and conditions of this show and sale as outlined
- Any death loss incurred at any time during the performance class competitions is at the consignor’s own risk and no compensation will be given for any reason
- Consignor agrees to indemnify and hold the Dakota Territory Buffalo Association, the host ranches and its officers, members, directors, employees or agents, harmless from and against any lawsuits, claims, action or causes of action, arising out of, or in connection with, any errors or omissions of Consignor, its agents, representatives or employees, with respect to Consignor’s duties and responsibilities set forth in this Agreement. This obligation by Consignor includes, but is not limited to, the cost of defense, payment of any judgments and payment of any expenses and for attorney’s fees and other costs which may be incurred
Delivery & Deadlines
- Bulls and heifers must be delivered to the host ranch between April 11 and April 25, 2020
- No animals will be accepted at the host ranch past the April 25 deadline
- The Dakota Territory Buffalo Association will make every effort to connect consignors that can transport to the Host Ranches together. However, transport to the host ranch during the delivery period is ultimately the responsibility of the consignor.
- Entry fees will not be refunded for non-delivery of animals
- Any animals that do not have health papers or meet all the health requirements will not be unloaded at the host ranch and will forfeit their entry fee and spot in the class
- A copy of all health papers will be provided to the DTBA office by the host ranch or the consignor
- Health papers must be presented at time of delivery, or provided to the office ahead of delivery, or animals will not be unloaded
- All consigned animals must have a negative Bang’s, Tuberculosis, and BVD test 21-28 days prior to delivery to the Host Ranch
- Required vaccinations must meet ND importation requirements, including Bangs vaccinations
- The Host Ranch will require current Mycoplasma and Pasteurella vaccines (a combination vaccine will be permitted), as well as animals being wormed (wormer is consignors’ preference) 21-28 days prior to shipping
- All test results and vaccination reporting will be documented on Health Certificate
- Bulls will be hosted at Heartland Bison Ranch in Rugby, ND.
- Class size will be limited to 70 total head for the performance class
- Limit of 4 bulls per consignor at $1275/head.
- Scoring: 20% in weight, 20% ADG on grass (105 days), 20% ADG on grain (105 days), 20% Confirmation, and 20% final weight.
- Class will be trimmed from 70 to 35 animals after performance tests, and only these top 50 animals will be confirmation judged
- The number of animals to be included in the final sale will be decided at the discretion of the Show and Sale Committee, and will include 25-35 animals
- Semen testing will be conducted at the discretion or the Host Ranch after weigh-in from the feed tests
- Consignors whose animals do not make the sale will have the option to take their bull(s) home; the timeframe for this decision will be at the discretion of the Host Ranch
- Heifers will be hosted at Jumpoff Buffalo Ranch in Belle Fourche, SD.
- Class size will be limited to 85 total head for the performance class
- Limit of 4 heifers per consignor at $900/head.
- Scoring: 25% live weight, 25% ADG on grass, 25% ADG on feed, 25% judging/confirmation
- The number of animals to be included in the final sale will be decided at the discretion of the Show and Sale Committee, and will match the number of bulls included in the final sale (i.e., if 28 bulls make the sale, so 28 heifers will also be sold individually)
- Heifers that do not make the sale will be sold in groups by consignor
- Must have at least 1 entry in both performance classes (Young Guns and Girlz Going Wild) to be eligible for competition in the North American Producers Challenge
- A single winner will be decided by the Show and Sale Committee, with a grand prize of $5000
- Scoring will be the total combined score of animals that make the final sale. As outlined above, the number of eligible heifer scores will match the number of bulls that make the sale. For example, if 28 bulls make the sale then the top 28 heifer scores will be also be counted towards the North American Producer’s Challenge